Saturday, September 15, 2012

Easy Star Stabilizer Repair

 You can read the details (and see the video!) over at the Brainwagon, but the tl;dr is that the EZ* lost half the horizontal stabilizer in a crash.  I could tell MarkV felt pretty bad about it, but I told him it would be no problem to get things good as new.
I double-checked on the EZ* RCG thread, and Elapor (the proprietary foam mix that Multiplex uses is CA-safe, and CA is the recommended repair glue.

So, I used a couple of drops of cheapie Harbor Freight CA (10 tubes, $1.80 on sale) and a spritz of HobbyKing kicker and put the stab back to normal.  Total repair time: about 2.5 minutes, including taking the pics.  Don't tell MarkV, I don't even think he noticed a previous repair from where I busted off the vertical stab!

No comments:

Post a Comment